Asian Style Pelmeni
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 bag Pelmen Foods Chicken Pelmeni*
- Kale leaves or Bok Choy to line the steam basket
- 2 green onions white & light green parts, thinly sliced
Hoisin Dipping sauce:
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 2 large garlic clove minced
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Thai chili thinly sliced
- Green Onions
- fresh Cilantro
- Sesame oil
- To prepare dipping sauce: In a small saucepan, heat canola and sesame oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until translucent and fragrant. Add hoisin sauce and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Place in a small dipping bowl, top with sliced chillies and set aside.
- Bring a large pot filled halfway with water to a boil. Line the bottom of the bamboo steam basket with kale or bok choy.
- Place the pelmeni in the basket ensuring they are not touching. Steam them in two batches if you need to. Place the steam basket on top of the pot of boiling water. Close with bamboo lid and steam for 6 mins.
- Remove basket from top of pot, sprinkle dumplings with green onions, cilantro and serve with dipping sauce.
*Use any of the Pelmen Foods pelmeni for this recipe. Asian Style Pelmeni