Pan Seared Perogies with Onions
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 bag Pelmen Foods Perogies*
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and boil for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove perogies with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar and honey, bring to a boil and let simmer until it’s reduced by 1/3 (about 15 minutes).
- In separate pan, melt butter; add onions and sauté until soft.
- Add sugar and cook on medium heat until the onions turn brown and caramelize (about 15 minutes)
- Pan sear boiled perogies in a non-stick pan in 1 tsp of oil.
- To serve, place pan fried perogies on a plate, drizzle with balsamic reduction and top with caramelized onions. Serve with sour crème.