Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 pkg (454g) Pelmen Foods Savoury Perogy
- 8 slices smoked bacon cut in ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cup navy beans cooked
- 2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp. molasses
- 3 tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ¾ cup beer
Possible Toppings: Chives, Parsley, Chilli Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat a large oven safe pot, over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until lightly browned. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add onions & garlic to bacon and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir well and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and let stand for 10 mins.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 6 mins.
- Drain, place on platter and top with beans.