Jamaican Jerk Perogies
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 pkg (454g) Pelmen Foods Savoury Perogies
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers seeds removed for a mild sauce
- 5 green onions chopped
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves chopped
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. each: ground cloves, cumin, salt, fresh ground pepper
- In a food processor or blender puree the chilies, green onions and beer. Add cilantro, parsley, and garlic, process until smooth.
- Pour in olive oil, lime juice and all the seasonings, process until well combined.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 6 mins.
- Drain perogies and toss with half of the sauce. Serve remaining sauce on the side for dipping.