Perogy, Tomato & Bocconi Skewers
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 pkg (454g) Pelmen Foods Pelmeni*
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 260 g baby bocconcini cheese
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Grated Pecorino Cheese
- Red Onions
- Grilled Chicken
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil perogies and stir occasionally for 5 mins. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Add basil, garlic and salt in a mortar. Working with the pestle, press and rotate it, keep going for a few minutes until all the ingredients are finely ground. Add olive oil, stir and set aside.
- Thread 4 perogies, 2 tomatoes, and 2 bocconcini, onto a bamboo skewer, alternating the ingredients. Repeat with remaining ingredients; this makes 8 skewers.
- Place on a board or platter and drizzle with the basil sauce.
Perogy, Tomato & Bocconi Skewers *Use any of the savoury Pelmen Foods perogies or pelmeni for this recipe.