Smoked Meat Perogy Poutine
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pkg (625g) Pelmen Foods Perogies*
- 1 large shallot finely diced
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cup beef broth
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheese curds room temperature
- 75 g Montreal smoked meat chopped
- Hot mustard optional
Possible Toppings: Chives, Sour Cream, Green Onions.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and line on a large plate.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a saucepan. Add shallots and sauté for 2 mins until soft and translucent.
- Add flour and whisk together, ensuring there is no lumps. Continue whisking until it starts to turn golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in beef broth and continue whisking until gravy boils and thickens, about 5-6 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the hot gravy over perogies. Top with cheese and pour remaining hot gravy over cheese. Add Montreal smoked meat and top with hot mustard if using.
Smoked Meat Perogy Poutine *Use any of the savoury Pelmen Foods perogies for this recipe.