White Wine Lemon Caper Perogies
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pkg (454g) Pelmen Foods Perogies
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup onion finely diced
- ¼ dry white wine
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. capers in brine drained
- Fresh ground pepper
Possible Toppings:, Greek Yogurt, Chives.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil and sauté onions until soft translucent and slightly golden.
- Add white wine and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add lemon juice and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to half, 2 -3 minutes.
- Add butter and capers and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes until sauce is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Add perogies and season with pepper. Sauté stirring until perogies are well coated with sauce. Serve warm.