Black Bean Chili
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (454g) Pelmen Foods Perogies*
- 2 tbsp. Canola oil
- 2 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Medium sweet onion diced
- 3 tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tbsp. Ground cumin
- 1 Green bell pepper seeded & diced
- 2 cup Diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1 can (432g) black beans, rinsed
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup White cheddar shredded
- 3 tbsp. Sour cream
- 2 Green onions thinly sliced, white & green parts
Possible Toppings: Chives, Cilantro, Chilli Peppers.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions & garlic and sauté until translucent, 2-3 mins.
- Add peppers and cook for an additional 2 mins. Add the chili and cumin and stir until well incorporated. Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 mins stirring occasionally. Stir in beans and season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 mins., stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and place in a medium bowl.
- Top perogies with chili, cheese and sour cream. Drizzle with green onion and serve immediately.
*Use any of the savoury Pelmen Foods perogies for this recipe.