Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (454g) Savoury Pelmen Foods Perogies
- 6 Strips thick bacon chopped
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 Large garlic clove minced
- 2 Large egg yolks
- ¼ cup Parmesan grated + extra for topping
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
Possible Toppings: Chives, Chilli Peppers, Basil.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins. Reserve 2 tbsp. of perogy water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until lightly golden. Add butter and garlic, cook for an additional 2-3 mins until butter has melted and garlic is translucent.
- Add perogies and sauté for 2-3 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, add egg yolks, ¼ cup of parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Remove perogies from heat and add egg mixture and 2 tbsp. of perogy water mixing until well incorporated and creamy.
- Place in pasta bowl and top with extra parmesan cheese. Serve warm.