Perogies with Asparagus Pesto
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 bag Pelmen Foods Potato & Cheddar Cheese Perogies*
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 1 Large garlic clove chopped
- 2 tbsp. Almonds
- 2 tbsp. (56g) Parmesan cheese grated
- 4 tbsp. (60mL) Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil perogies and stir occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and place skillet and set aside.
- To prepare the asparagus pesto: Cut off and disregard the woody ends of the asparagus and roughly chop remaining asparagus. Set aside a few heads for garnish.
- Add asparagus, almonds, garlic, cheese and olive oil to a food processor. Pulse until a rough spreadable consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pesto to perogies and sauté over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until warm through.
- Garnish with remaining asparagus head, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Possible Toppings: Asparagus Heads, Parmesan Cheese *Use any of the savoury Pelmen Foods perogies or pelmeni for this recipe.