Perogy Skillet Hash
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. Pelmen Foods Potato & Fried Onion Perogies*
- 5 Bacon strips chopped
- 1 Small yellow onion diced
- 1 cup Red pepper diced
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Smoked cheddar, shredded
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. Flat leafy parsley finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400C.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil perogies and stir occasionally for 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until golden and crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Leave one table spoon of the bacon grease and sauté onions until soft and translucent, 1-2 minutes.
- Add red peppers and sauté for an additional minute. Toss in perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes.
- Add bacon and stir to mix well. Remove skillet from the heat and make 4 shallow indentations into the perogy hash. Crack an egg into each indentation.
- Top with shredded cheese around the eggs and transfer skillet to the oven and bake until the egg whites set, about 8-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with parsley.
Possible Toppings: Feta, Hot Sauce, Cilantro, Chives *Use any savoury Pelmen Foods Perogies for this recipe.