Skillet Eggplant Parmesan
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (454g) Pelmen Foods Perogies*
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Large garlic cloves minced
- 2 Medium eggplants diced
- 5 to Matoes diced
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Fresh basil for garnish
Possible Toppings: Chives, Chilli Peppers.
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins.
- Heat oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, eggplant and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until tomatoes have released their juices and mixture has become saucy, 8-10 mins.
- Add perogies and stir gently to mix. Drizzle with bread crumbs and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes until cheese has melted. Garnish with basil and serve warm.
*Use any of the savoury Pelmen Foods perogies for this recipe.