Braised Fennel Perogies
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (625g) Pelmen Foods Perogy
- 1 Large fennel bulb trimmed and cut into 8 wedges, reserving fennel fronds for garnish
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Large garlic cloves minced
- 1 Shallot minced
- ¼ cup (75ml) Vegetable broth
- ¼ cup (75ml) White wine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to test
- Zest of a lemon
- Possible Toppings: Sour Cream, Chives, Crème Fraiche.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and sauté for
- 2 -3 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add fennel, season with salt and freshly ground pepper, sauté for 2-3 mins on each side.
- Add broth and white wine, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 15 -20 minutes until tender and liquid has slightly evaporated.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Remove fennel from sauce pan and set aside.
- Add perogies in the sauté pan and stir until well coated.
- Place perogies on a platter and top with braised fennel.
- Garnish with lemon zest and fennel fronds.