Braised Tomato & Zucchini Perogies
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (625g) Pelmen Foods Perogy
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Small onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp. Garlic minced
- 2 ½ cup Tomatoes diced
- 2 cup Zucchini cut in ¼ inch rounds
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup Fresh parsley finely chopped
- Possible Toppings: Sour Cream, Chives.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 -3 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bring tomatoes to a boil, turn heat down to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until tomatoes have reduced and slightly thickened.
- Stir in zucchini and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, until zucchini have softened.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins.
- Drain perogies and toss in with sauce and zucchini.
- Add to platter and Garnish with parsley.