Braised Bok Choy
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (625g) Pelmen Foods Savoury Perogies
- 2 tbsp. Sesame oil
- 4 Baby Bok Choy cut lengthwise in half
- 1 tbsp. Fresh ginger finely minced
- 1 Large garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- ½ tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Asian chili sauce
- 1 tsp. Cornstarch
- ½ cup Green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. Toasted sesame seeds
- Possible Toppings: Roasted Peanuts, Chillies, Cilantro.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix vegetable stock, lemon juice, oyster sauce, soy, chili sauce and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan or wok, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add Bok Choy and stir for 3 minutes until well coated and heated.
- Add sauce and gently stir to coat the Bok Choy. Let simmer for 5 mins until Bok Choy is slightly tender. Remove Bok Choy from the sauce and place on a separate plate.
- Toss perogies in the sauté pan and stir until well coated. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 mins until sauce has thickened.
- Place perogies on a platter and top with braised Bok Choy. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds and serve hot.