Curried Chickpea Perogies
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (625g) Pelmen Foods Perogy
- 2 tbsp. Canola oil
- 1 Medium onion finely diced
- 1 Large garlic cloves minced
- 3 Medium ripe tomatoes diced
- 1 tbsp. Curry powder
- ¼ Vegetable broth
- 1 can (540ml) Chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cup Fresh cilantro leaves
- Possible Toppings: Sour Cream Greek Yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and sauté for
- 2 -3 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add tomatoes and sauté 6-8 minutes, breaking down tomatoes with a spoon. Cook until tomatoes have softened and released their juices.
- Add broth, curry and chickpeas and stir until well incorporated. Cook for 12-15 minutes stirring occasionally until sauce has thickened.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and toss in chickpea mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.