Kung Pao Perogies
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (454g) Pelmen Foods Pelmeni
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. Canola oil
- 8 Dried chilies
- 1 Large garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. Fresh ginger minced
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted peanuts
- 2 Green onions thinly sliced, white and green parts
- Possible Toppings: Cilantro, Chillies
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy, hoisin, sesame oil sugar and corn starch. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add chillies and sauté for 1 min.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for an additional minute.
- Pour in sauce and perogies and mix well. Add peanuts and stir for an additional minute.
- Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.