Perogy Beef Stroganoff
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 ½ lb Beef striploin sliced ¼ inch thick crosswise
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 8oz pkg. Cremini or white mushrooms ¼ inch sliced
- 1 Medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 Large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp. All-purpose flour
- ¼ White wine
- 1 cup Low sodium beef broth
- ½ cup Sour cream
- 1 Green onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. Italian flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- Possible Toppings: Chives
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Add beef and cook, stirring often until it just browns, 1 -2 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt butter. Add mushrooms and sauté until they have released their liquid, 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic and onions, season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until liquid has evaporated.
- Sprinkle four and stir until well incorporated. Add wine to deglaze pan, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer, about 5 mins. Stir in beef and sour cream and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and toss in sauce.
- Garnish with green onions and parsley, serve immediately.