Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (625g) Pelmen Foods Savoury Perogy
- 3 tbsp. Creole or Cajun spice
- 10 Black tiger shrimp peeled & diveined tails left on
- 2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken breast cut in bite size pieces
- 1 Large ready to eat chorizo sausage cut in ¼ inch slices
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Small onion finely diced
- 1 Large garlic clove minced
- 2 Celery stalk diced
- 1 Green pepper diced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Large tomato diced
- 3 ½ cup Chicken broth
- 2 Green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. Italian flat leaf parsley minced
- Possible Toppings: Chillies, Sour Cream, Chives
- Season chicken and shrimp with 1 tbsp. each of creole spice and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add flour and stir constantly until lightly golden brown, 6-7 mins.
- Add garlic, onion, celery and green pepper and sauté for 5-6 mins until onion and garlic are soft and translucent.
- Add bay leaf and tomato and sauté for 3-4 minutes until tomato has softened and released its juices.
- Add the chicken broth, remaining creole spice and mix well. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Add chicken and cook for 10 mins stirring occasionally.
- Add chorizo and shrimp and cook for 2-3 mins until shrimp are cooked pink throughout!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and place in deep dish or skillet.