Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (454g) Pelmen Foods Savoury Perogies
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 2 Large garlic cloves minced
- 1 Medium onion minced
- 1 lb. Ground veal
- 1 can (796ml) Crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup Fresh basil chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 ½ cup Mozzarella shredded
- 1 tbsp. Italian bread crumbs
- Possible Toppings: Chili Peppers Feta, Fresh Basil, Parmesan Cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a 9x6 rectangular oven safe pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and onions and sauté until translucent, 1- 2 minutes.
- Add ground veal and cook until brown, 6-8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Turn off heat and mix in fresh basil.
- Line the bottom of the pan with a cup of sauce. Add perogies and top with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top and drizzle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 10-15 mins until cheese has melted and golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 mins before serving.