Rapini and Sausage
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (454g) Pelmen Foods Savoury Perogies
- 4 Quality Italian sausage casing removed, crumbled
- 2 Garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 Bunch rapini trimmed and steamed
- 3 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano grated
- Possible Toppings: Chilli Peppers Pecorino Cheese, Asiago Cheese.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until just browned, 6-8 mins.
- Add garlic and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until garlic has softened and sausage has browned, 4-5 mins.
- Add perogies, rapini and olive oil, sauté for 2-3 mins. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, season with fresh ground and top with cheese.