Sausage, Eggs and Garlic Pesto
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (454g) Pelmen Foods Savoury Perogies
- 6 Quality breakfast sausage cut in ½ inch slices
- Fried eggs
- Green Garlic Pesto:
- 3 Fresh garlic white and light green parts, chopped
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Possible Toppings: Parmesan Cheese, Feta, Goat Cheese, Sour Cream.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil perogies and stir occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and set aside.
- To prepare the pesto: Add green garlic, olive oil and lemon juice to a food processor. Pulse until a rough spreadable consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add perogies in hot skillet with sausage oil and fry until golden and crispy.
- On a large platter, add perogies and sausage and toss with pesto.
- Top with fried eggs.
- Toss perogies and sausage with pesto and top with fried eggs.