Caramelized Pear & Chocolate
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (454g ) Pelmen Foods Perogies
- 3 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp. Brown sugar
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1½ oz Sweet dessert wine
- 1 Large pear quartered and seeds removed
- 50 g Dark chocolate melted
- Possible Toppings: ice cream, crème fraiche, sour cream with sugar, icing sugar.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, add butter and brown sugar and cook until butter and sugar have melted, about 1-2 minutes. Add cinnamon and sweet wine and stir well. Add pears and cook until they have softened, 4-5 mins turning carefully.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil perogies and stir occasionally for 6 mins.
- Remove pears from their syrup and set aside.
- Toss perogies in syrup and place them in dessert bowls.
- Top with pears and drizzle with melted dark chocolate.