Deconstructed Butter Tart
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (454g) Dessert Pelmen Foods Perogies
- 1 Tenderflake Deep Dish Pie Crust
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. Unsalted butter melted
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. Crushed hazelnuts
- Possible Toppings: ice cream, crème fraiche, sour cream with sugar.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Bake pie crust for 8-10 mins until light golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil perogies and stir occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add egg, brown sugar, maple syrup, butter and salt. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Crumble ½ the pie crust crumble to line the bottom of 4 mini baking dishes.
- Divide the perogies amongst the four dishes and drizzle an even amount of filling on top of perogies.
- Top with crushed hazelnuts and remaining crumbled pie crust.
- Bake tarts at 350 F for 10-15 mins for a gooey tart or 20-25 mins for firm ones.