Lemon Curd Shortbread Crumble
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (454g) Pelmen Foods Dessert Perogies
- ¾ cup Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Lemon zest
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 3 Large eggs
- 5 tbsp. Un-salted butter
- 3 Shortbread cookies crumbled
Possible Toppings: ice cream, crème fraiche, sour cream with sugar
- Fill a saucepan ¾ ways up with water over medium heat. Place a large enough metal bowl to fit on top of the saucepan. Add lemon juice and zest in the bowl and heat until hot.
- Place the eggs in a large separate bowl and whisk in the sugar.
- Slowly pour and whisk the hot lemon juice in the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture through a strainer back in the bowl. Then cook over medium-low heat until thick enough to hold the marks from the whisk.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter a little at a time until melted. Let cool to set while you cook perogies.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil perogies and stir occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and divide perogies in dessert bowls.
- Top with lemon curb and crumbled shortbread.