Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (625g) Pelmen Foods Savoury Perogies
- ¼ cup Sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Italian Style breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 cup Crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Fresh oregano finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. Dried red chilies
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
Possible Toppings: Sour Cream, Basil, Parsley
- To make marinara: In a medium sauce pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 20 mins.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and perogies, cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins and drain.
- Toss perogies with Dijon mustard and roll in breadcrumbs, ensuring they are well coated.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Gently fry perogies on each side until golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with warm marinara sauce.