Quinoa with Basil Pesto
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pkg. (454g) Pelmen Foods Savoury Perogies
- 2 tbsp. Canola oil
- 1 cup Quinoa cooked
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 130 g Cherry bocconcini halved
- 4 cup Fresh basil
- 3 Garlic cloves
- ¾ cup Olive oil
- ½ cup Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Possible Toppings: Chives, Chilli Peppers, Toasted Pine nuts
- Place all ingredients for the basil pesto into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 6 mins and drain.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat canola oil over medium heat. Add perogies and fry until golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, add perogies, tomatoes and cheese. Toss with pesto and serve on a large platter.