Banana Cream Perogies
- 1 pkg. (454g) Pelmen Foods Dessert Perogies
- 2 cup Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Egg yolks (beaten)
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- ½ tsp. Pure vanilla
- 2 tbsp. Banana liquor
- 2 Bananas (¼ inch sliced)
- ½ cup Soft oatmeal cookies (crumbled)
Possible Toppings: ice cream, crème fraiche, sour cream with sugar, whip cream.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring milk to a rolling boil.
- In another large sauce pan, add sugar, flour and salt. Slowly whisk in the boiled milk over medium heat. Continue whisking until milk mixture has thickened, 5-6 minutes.
- Whisk a small amount of the thicken milk mixture to the beaten egg yolks until well combined.
- Stir eggs into remaining milk mixture and whisk for 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla and liquor and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 6 mins.
- Drain perogies and divide in dessert bowls. Top with bananas, custard and drizzle with cookie crumble.