Perogy Sausage Bolognese
- 1 pkg. Pelmen Foods Perogies*
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion (finely diced)
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Large carrot (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 Large celery stick (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 lb Quality Italian sausage meat
- ¾ cup White wine
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 can (796ml) Diced tomatoes
- Fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup Fresh basil (roughly chopped)
- Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Heat oil in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Sauté for 8 mins until vegetables are soft and browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter and sausage and cook over medium-high heat until meat has browned 6-8 mins.
- Add wine and stir until liquid has evaporated. Add milk and stir.
- Add tomatoes and fresh ground pepper. Stir well and let simmer over low heat for 1-1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have melted and sauce has thickened. When sauce has finished, mix in basil.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins.
- Drain and toss with sauce and top with grated cheese.
Possible Toppings: Sour cream, Crème Fraiche.
*Use any of the savoury Pelmen Foods perogies for this recipe.