Garlicky Bean Medley Perogy Soup
- 1 pkg (454g) Pelmen Foods Pelmeni
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 8 arlic cloves (diced)
- 1 large carrot (chopped)
- 1 large celery stalk (chopped)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (with their juice)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups mixed beans (Romano, black bean, chickpea, black-eye, white bean, kidney, cooked)
- 1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Sour cream
- Greek yogurt
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, add, onion, garlic, carrots, celery and sauté for 4-5 mins until onion, garlic and vegetables have softened, stirring occasionally.
2. Add tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add beans and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and season with salt and pepper and stir in parsley.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins.
5. Drain perogies and divide in soup bowls and ladle in bean soup