Celeriac and Sage Perogy Soup
- 1 pkg (454g) Pelmen Foods Pelmeni
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 2 cups celeriac (peeled and cubed)
- 3 Fresh sage leaves
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- Sour cream
- Greek yogurt
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add, onion, garlic and sauté for 3-4 mins until onion and garlic are soft and translucent.
2. Add celeriac and sauté for another minute.
3. Add sage and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes until celeriac has softened. Discard sage and with an immersion blender, puree until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins.
5. Drain perogies and divide in soup bowls and ladle in soup.