- 1 pkg (454g) Pelmen Foods Pelmeni
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 fennel bulb (trimmed & thinly sliced (reserve Fennel fronds for garnish))
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley
- Sour cream
- Crème Fraiche
- Greek yogurt
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter, add onions and garlic. Sautee onions and garlic for 5-6 minutes until onions turn lightly golden.
3. Add fennel and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes until fennel has softened.
4. Bring soup to a bowl, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 mins.
5. Turn off heat, add perogies, lemon juice, parsley and stir.
6. Divide in soup bowls and garnish with fennel fronds.