Coconut Caribbean Soup
- 1 pkg (454g) Pelmen Foods Pelmeni
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 green onions (white and green parts, thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 red Thai chilli (thinly sliced)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk (low fat)
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil and sauté onions, garlic and chilli for 2 minutes until onion and garlic have softened. Stir in turmeric and cook for another minute.
3. Stir in the chicken broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat, add cilantro and perogies and stir well.
4. Divide in soup bowls and serve warm.