Spiced Pumpkin Perogy Soup
- 1 pkg (454g) Pelmen Foods Savoury Pelmeni
- 4 cups pumpkin (cut in 3 cm cubes)
- 4 cloves garlic (with peels on)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (minced)
- Sour Cream
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Crème Fraiche
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, add pumpkin and garlic. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 mins, stirring occasionally until pumpkin and garlic have softened.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
4. In a food processor, add pumpkin, garlic with skin removed and vegetable stock. Puree until smooth.
5. In a large pot over medium heat, add in pumpkin mixture, turmeric, cumin and coriander and give it a good stir. Heat soup until it starts to boil. Turn off heat and add perogies.
6. Divide in soup bowls and top with a dollop of yogurt and cilantro.