Perogy Minestrone Soup
- 1 pkg (625g) Pelmen Foods Savoury Perogy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (small, finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic (large, minced)
- 1 stock celery (diced)
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 1 small zucchini (diced)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups diced tomato with their juice
- 1 can (540ml) mixed beans
- 946 ml vegetable broth
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian flat leaf parsley (minced)
- 3 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Pecorino Cheese
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery and zucchini and sauté for 3-4 mins until onion and garlic are soft and translucent.
2. Add oregano, thyme, tomatoes and season with salt and pepper and sauté for another 2 minutes.
3. Add beans and stock and bring to a boil. Add spinach and perogies and bring to a boil. Cook for 6 mins, remove from heat and stir in parsley and basil.
4. Serve hot topped with chillies and cheese.