Cabbage Perogy Soup
- 1 pkg (454g) Pelmen Foods Pelmeni
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 4 cups white cabbage (shredded)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 5 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Sour cream
- Greek yogurt
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add, onion, garlic and spices, sauté for 3-4 mins until onion and garlic are soft and translucent.
2. Add tomatoes and sauté for another 4-5 minutes until tomatoes have release their juices and broken down.
3. Add cabbage and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 7-8 minutes until cabbage has softened.
4. Add stock and bring to a boil. Add perogies and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for an additional 5-6 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.