Bacon and Sweet Peas Skillet
- 1 bag Pelmen Foods Perogies*
- 1 Small onion (diced)
- 4 slices Bacon (diced)
- 1/2 cup Frozen peas
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Cooking water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove perogies with a slotted spoon and set aside. (Reserve 2 tbsp of the cooking water).
- Cook bacon in a pan until crisp for about 3 minutes.
- Remove and place on paper towels to drain excess fat.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in the pan; add onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in the remaining butter, boiled perogies and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Return bacon to the pan, add peas and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add in reserved cooking water to thicken the sauce and continue cooking for about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- 10. Garnish with fresh parsley.
*Use one of the following Pelmen Foods products for this recipe: • Pelmen Foods Potato & Fried Onion Perogies • Pelmen Foods Potato & Cheddar Perogies • Pelmen Foods Potato, Cheddar & Bacon Perogies • Pelmen Foods Potato, Cheddar & Onion Perogies • Pelmen Foods Potato, Cheddar & Bacon Perogies • Pelmen Foods Potato, Herb & Garlic Perogies