Honey Glazed with Pistachio
- Honey Syrup
- 1 cup Quality honey
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- ¾ tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Whole cloves
- 2 inch Cinnamon stick
- Possible Toppings: ice cream, crème fraiche, sour cream with sugar, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil perogies and stir occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and set aside.
- To make syrup: Combine all the ingredients in a pot over medium heat. Stir well until sugar has dissolved, 3-5 mins. Bring to a slow simmer until slightly thickened, about 6-7 more mins.
- Place the perogies in the honey syrup and stir to ensure they are well drenched. Drain, place on a serving platter, drizzle with extra syrup and top with chopped pistachios.
*Use any of the dessert Pelmen Foods perogies for this recipe.