- 1 pkg. (454g) Pelmen Foods Perogies
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Large garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ cup Sweet onion (finely diced)
- 1 Large tomato (chopped)
- 1 cup Green lentils (cooked)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Italian flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
Possible Toppings: Crumbled Feta, Chilli Peppers, Cilantro, Greek Yogurt.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil and sauté garlic and onions until aromatic and translucent, 2-3 mins.
- Add tomato and cook until their juice have been released and they have broken down, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add lentils and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until well heated through, season with salt and pepper.
- Add perogies and sauté, stir occasionally until well covered with saucy lentils.
- Top with parsley and serve warm.