Lobster & Blue Cheese Poutine
- 1 pkg (454g) Pelmen Foods Savoury Perogies
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ cup lobster or seafood stock
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup blue cheese (crumbled + additional for topping)
- 1 large Lobster tail (steamed and cut into chunks)
- 2 green onions (white & green parts thinly sliced)
Possible Toppings: Cilantro, Chilies, Old Bay Seasoning, Smoked Paprika
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a saucepan and allow it to turn golden.
- Add garlic and cook for a 5 seconds.
- Add flour and whisk together, ensuring there is no lumps.
- Slowly whisk in stock and milk and continue stirring. Bring the mixture to a gently simmer and cook until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of blue cheese and stir until melted.
- Place perogies on plate and pour over the cheese sauce. Sprinkle with additional crumble blue cheese, top with lobster and green onions.