Perogy Banana Foster
- 1 pkg. (454g) Pelmen Foods Perogies*
- 5 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup Dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. Dark rum
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 Large bananas (cut in ¼ inch rounds)
- Possible Toppings: ice cream, crème fraiche, sour cream with sugar, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil perogies and stir occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Add sugar and stir for 1-2 mins until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in rum, vanilla and cinnamon. When mixture starts to bubble, add the bananas to the pan and cook until bananas have become soft and hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve warm over perogies.
*Use any of Pelmen Foods dessert perogies for this recipe.