Smoked Meat Perogy Poutine
- 1 pkg (625g) Pelmen Foods Perogies*
- 1 large shallot (finely diced)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cup beef broth
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheese curds (room temperature)
- 75 g Montreal smoked meat (chopped)
- Hot mustard (optional)
Possible Toppings: Chives, Sour Cream, Green Onions.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add perogies and cook stirring occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and line on a large plate.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a saucepan. Add shallots and sauté for 2 mins until soft and translucent.
- Add flour and whisk together, ensuring there is no lumps. Continue whisking until it starts to turn golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in beef broth and continue whisking until gravy boils and thickens, about 5-6 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the hot gravy over perogies. Top with cheese and pour remaining hot gravy over cheese. Add Montreal smoked meat and top with hot mustard if using.
*Use any of the savoury Pelmen Foods perogies for this recipe.