Warm Perogy Nicoise Salad
- 1 pkg Pelmen Foods perogies*
- 3 cups butter lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cup green beans (blanched and cut in half)
- 1 small sweet onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 large tomato (cut in thin wedges)
- 7 oz can flake white tuna in water (Drained)
- 1/2 cup mixed olives
- 3 large eggs (soft boiled, halved)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp capers (drained)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Grated Pecorino Cheese
- Red Onions
- Grilled Chicken
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil perogies and stir occasionally for 6 mins and drain.
In a large salad bowl, add lettuce and top with perogies. Add green beans, onions and tomatoes. Top with tuna and olives.
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette.
Toss the salad with the vinaigrette.
Top with eggs and season them with fresh ground pepper. Serve salad immediately.
Top with grated cheese, red onions and grilled chicken.
*Use any savoury Pelmen Foods perogies or pelmeni for this recipe.