Apple & Raisin Perogy Strudel
- 1 pkg. (454g) Pelmen Foods Dessert Perogies
- ½ pkg. (200g) Tenderflake Puff Pastry ( )
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 2 Apples (cored, sliced in thin wedges)
- 2 tbsp. Golden raisins
- 2 tbsp. Brown sugar
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¾ cup Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- ½ tsp. Pure vanilla
Possible Toppings: ice cream, crème fraiche, sour cream with sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry to a 9’x 12’ rectangle. Use a 2 inch round cookie cutter and cut out 6 pastry circles.
- Brush pastry with milk and bake for 8-10 minutes until pastry has puffed and is lightly golden brown. Set aside
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil perogies and stir occasionally for 6 mins. Drain and set aside. In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add apples, raisins and brown sugar. Sauté for 8-10 minutes until apples and raisins have softened and caramelized.
- Divide perogies in mini pie plates, top each with apple mixture and puff pastry round.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the glaze and drizzle on top of each.