French Onion Soup
- 1 bag Pelmen Foods Pelmeni*
- 5 cups minced onions
- 8 cups beef broth
- 300 mL dry white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- French baguette
- Grated Gruyere cheese
1. In a large pot, melt butter with olive oil, add minced onions and sugar.
Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes stirring frequently until nicely caramelized.
2. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Add flour and mix well.
4. Add white wine and beef broth, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 30minutes.
5. Add frozen pelmeni, bring back to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Cut French baguette in 1 inch thick slices (use 2 slices per person).
7. Put slices on a baking sheet and add grated Gruyere cheese on top.
8. Place in the oven under broil until cheese melts and becomes bubbly.
9. To serve, place the bread either on top on the soup or on a side.
*Use any of the Pelmen Foods pelmeni for this recipe.